Home Australia Archbishop of Canterbury says Kate Middleton conspiracy theories are nothing more than ‘old-fashioned village gossip’ – as Keir Starmer urges public to ‘butt out’ and let the Princess of Wales rest

Archbishop of Canterbury says Kate Middleton conspiracy theories are nothing more than ‘old-fashioned village gossip’ – as Keir Starmer urges public to ‘butt out’ and let the Princess of Wales rest

0 comment
Princess of Wales, 42, continues to recover from abdominal surgery at home

The Archbishop of Canterbury has branded conspiracy theories about the Princess of Wales “old-fashioned gossip” – while Keir Starmer urged the public to “step aside” and let her rest.

Online speculation has spread in recent weeks over the fate of Kate, 42, as she continues to recover from abdominal surgery, with palace aides saying they would not comment on her recovery.

However, the princess was filmed by a member of the public walking happily with Prince William outside Windsor Farm Shop on Saturday, seemingly “super relaxed”.

Conspiracy theories about Kate have continued to spread like wildfire since its release over the weekend, with some claiming the images were not of Kate but rather a lookalike of the royal.

The Archbishop of Canterbury slammed the “gossip”, saying speculation about the princess’ health was “wrong”.

He told Times Radio: “I think we are obsessed with conspiracy and have little sense of the humanity of those who are caught in the spotlight.

Princess of Wales, 42, continues to recover from abdominal surgery at home

Princess of Wales, 42, continues to recover from abdominal surgery at home

1711041692 219 Archbishop of Canterbury says Kate Middleton conspiracy theories are nothing

1711041692 219 Archbishop of Canterbury says Kate Middleton conspiracy theories are nothing

The Archbishop of Canterbury (pictured) has branded conspiracy theories about the Princess of Wales “old-fashioned village gossip”.

“People should be allowed to get sick, have any operation, and live their lives in peace without being asked to prove something every other day.”

He added: “It’s extremely unhealthy. This is just old village gossip that can now travel around the world in seconds and we must turn away from it.

“Gossiping this way is wrong. »

Sir Keir also urged the public to stop speculating about Kate’s health, telling them to “leave her alone”.

Asked if he felt sorry for Kate, he told Channel 5’s Jeremy Vine: “Yes. I think we should leave her alone.

“She’s had a difficult operation and she deserves privacy.”

He added: “We should just walk away and leave her alone… It’s not really a political response, it’s a human response, as a father and as a human being.”

It had been hoped that the video would put to rest concerns about his health and discredit the bizarre, baseless and hurtful conspiracy theories spread about him online.

A royal source told the Telegraph: “Finally everyone can calm down.”

However, theories continue to proliferate since the video was posted.

Among the speculations circulating by cruel trolls is that the princess has died, or is using a body double or even her sister Pippa as a replacement. Wicked provocateurs even suggested she was in a coma or had been rigged with the AI.

Theories became frenzied after a photo was posted on her official social media channels for Mother’s Day, when it became clear the image had been edited using Adobe Photoshop.

Several photo agencies issued rare “kill” notices for the photo because it had been significantly edited – with budding detectives pointing out flaws in the photo, which Kate said she had retouched herself.

Sir Keir Starmer (pictured) urged the public to 'step aside' from Kate's private life and let her rest

Sir Keir Starmer (pictured) urged the public to 'step aside' from Kate's private life and let her rest

Sir Keir Starmer (pictured) urged the public to ‘step aside’ from Kate’s private life and let her rest

Kensington Palace released the first photo of the Princess of Wales since surgery on Mother's Day - but it only fueled unwarranted conspiracy theories about her health.

Kensington Palace released the first photo of the Princess of Wales since surgery on Mother's Day - but it only fueled unwarranted conspiracy theories about her health.

Kensington Palace released the first photo of the Princess of Wales since surgery on Mother’s Day – but it only fueled unwarranted conspiracy theories about her health.

Kate was seen on Christmas Day 2023 with her family going to church in Sandringham before undergoing surgery in January.

Kate was seen on Christmas Day 2023 with her family going to church in Sandringham before undergoing surgery in January.

Kate was seen on Christmas Day 2023 with her family going to church in Sandringham before undergoing surgery in January.

Matters were not helped when photo agency Getty Images said over the weekend that an image of Queen Elizabeth II sitting with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, also taken by Kate, had been “digitally enhanced at source”.

And despite video obtained by The Sun showing William and Kate happily walking through the Windsor Farm Shop car park, social media remains unsatisfied that she is making a good recovery.

X, formerly Twitter, is full of “verified” users posting barely credible theories about Kate.

Kate worked from home on an early years project hailed as her “life’s work” while recovering from abdominal surgery, it was reported today.

The Princess launched the Royal Foundation Center for Early Childhood (RFCEC) Shaping Us project in January last year, aiming to highlight the importance of early childhood development in children.

Kensington Palace has confirmed that Kate continues to work on the project while recovering at home; The Center has funded a trial of a baby observation tool for health visitors to monitor the social and emotional development of young people.

It comes as three London Clinic employees who are under management investigation over allegations they tried to access Kate’s private medical records have reportedly been suspended.

Medical records are “easily accessible” to doctors and nurses at the prestigious hospital where a member of staff allegedly tried to seek out details about the princess, a Care Quality Commission report has revealed.

But CQC inspectors concluded patient records were “securely kept” at the London clinic where Kate had her planned abdominal operation and stayed for 13 days in January.

Their report also praised staff for treating patients with “compassion and dignity” and respecting their “privacy and dignity”.

He revealed the unannounced inspection was carried out in June 2021 after the CQC “received information which caused us to have concerns about the safety and quality of services”.

The report adds: “These concerns arise from several never-recorded events and serious incidents and numerous whistleblowers regarding personnel and culture.”

You may also like