New Isolation Orders for People in NSW: Anyone who has visited Melbourne since June 24 is forced to stay at home for two weeks
- There is a new isolation order for those who have returned to NSW from VIC
- Anyone who has been in Greater Melbourne since June 24 must isolate themselves
- It doesn’t matter when they return to NSW, they have to be quarantined for 14 days
- The retroactive effect is effective immediately and affects thousands of people
A new isolation order has been issued to people in NSW who have visited Greater Melbourne in the past two weeks.
Anyone who has been in the area since June 24 should immediately enter 14 days of self-insulation in the home, regardless of when they have returned to NSW, Nine news reports.
The order comes because NSW Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian announced a foreshadowing of a tightening of coronavirus restrictions on Thursday, as a result of the horrific second wave of COVID-19 cases across the border.
“It doesn’t take long for things to escalate quickly,” she said.
NSW Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian said on Thursday that the risk of infection in NSW is “very high.”
“And it won’t be long before that speed of community transmission is increasing, so we all need to be alert.”
Nine political reporter Chris O’Keefe, who released the news on Thursday evening, said the new measure may affect “tens of thousands of people” who have recently returned to NSW.
The regulation will also affect AFL teams who have traveled for matches between neighboring countries, creating a chaotic situation for the league when players withdraw to quarantine.
Earlier on Thursday, NSW Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian said that while the pace of community transfer remains slow, there was no reason to tighten social distance restrictions on most residents.
However, she said it could take weeks to determine whether “potential seedings that have occurred in those border communities and other parts of New South Wales have crossed over from Victoria to her state.”
The VIC and NSW borders were closed on Tuesday to prevent the second wave of COVID-19 in Melbourne from spilling over to the neighboring state. Police are shown stopping and questioning drivers at a checkpoint on July 8 in Albury
Ms Berejiklian warned that conditions can change quickly as the situation unfolds.
“I want everyone to be alert,” said the Prime Minister.
‘Because when we get results, when the data changes and we have to act quickly.
“I want people to know that we should all be alert, especially in the next two to three weeks.”
NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller has indicated that the closure of the Victoria border could take up to six weeks, the same length of phase three closing that will be closing in Melbourne from midnight Wednesday.
Ms Berejiklian also plans to push the state line to the north and annex Albury to Victoria until the outbreak is brought under control.
This would allow residents of both cities to cross state borders freely and minimize disruption to the community while preventing the virus from spreading deeper into NSW.
Dozens of medical staff gather outside a residential complex in Melbourne on Tuesday conducting COVID-19 test blitz on residents
She also indicated that it will be more difficult to obtain exemption permits to cross the border.
More than 50,000 dispensation permits were issued on Tuesday evening, allowing people living in NSW-Victoria border communities to cross the two.
Victoria registered 134 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, the second-highest total of one day since the pandemic started after a record 191 infections on Tuesday.
Fears that the horror outbreak could jump has worsened after three people returning from Melbourne tested positive for the virus in NSW this week.
NSW registered 13 new cases of coronavirus on Thursday, of which 11 returned travelers in hotel quarantine.
The other two cases were residents of Albury, with one person recently visiting Melbourne before coming into contact with the other.
VICTORIA’S CORONAVIRUS FALLEN
VICTORIA’S CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS PER 8 JULY:
- 134 new cases
- Total number of cases: 2942
- 11 new cases related to outbreaks
- 123 is under investigation
- No new cases for returning international travelers
- A total of 75 infections at nine popular towers in a hard lock
- 29,424 tests were done on Tuesday
CASES OF KNOWN BREAKS
- 7 cases related to the Al-Taqwa College outbreak, which now totals 102
- 2 linked to closed towers, which now number 75 in total
- 1 linked to the Stamford Plaza outbreak, which is now 43
- 1 linked to the PM Fresh facility in Broadmeadows, which now totals 2
Victorian Prime Minister Daniel Andrews talks about the state’s response to the rise of business
- 4 patients and an employee of the Brunswick Private Hospital.
- 3 at Woolworth’s Customer Fulfillment Center in Footscray, bringing the total to 4
- 5 linked to five elderly care services
- 860 active cases in the state
- 150 active in the local administrative area of Hume
- 41 Victorians in the hospital, including seven in intensive care
- 1,000,867 tests have been performed since the start of the test
- 2575 of the total cases from Melbourne
- 263 from regional Victoria
- 456 cases indicate community transfer
- 2058 people have recovered from the virus
LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS SUPPORT AND PENALTIES
- 264 defense personnel providing logistical support to the Victoria Police Service
- Increased police presence in all 32 local government areas closing in phase three at midnight
- 810 samples by Victoria Police in the past 24 hours from homes, businesses and nonessential services across the state
- 6,314 fines since the surveillance of restrictions under Operation Sentinel began
- Breaches of public health orders are subject to on-the-spot fines of $ 1652 for individuals and $ 9913 for businesses.