‘I’m not going to take it on’: enraged NRL coach Anthony Seibold breaks his silence to beat ‘faceless cowards’ for spreading disgusting rumors about his personal life
- Anthony Seibold says social media has ‘gone to a level that is no longer acceptable’
- The Broncos coach has been at the center of a series of vicious online rumors
- He has enlisted the help of lawyers and police to combat the vicious charges
- But he says “faceless cowards on keyboards” can force him out of the rugby league
- Seibold is angry that no one from the NRL has contacted to check his well-being
Anthony Seibold says ‘anonymous cowards on keyboards’ can force him out of the NRL.
The Brisbane Broncos coach has been at the center of some vicious online rumors after choosing to stay in NSW following his team’s loss to South Sydney last week.
Club boss Paul White said the contentious NRL coach was dealing with a “ serious family issue ” and needed privacy, but that didn’t stop internet trolls from spreading a series of baseless claims about Seibold and his loved ones.
“It’s not just about me … These are my family and other people mentioned in those disgusting and false reports,” Seibold told the Daily telegram.
“Say anything you want about my coaching and the team’s performance, but to make up lies and all that abuse … it’s sick and I’m not going to deal with it.”
The Brisbane Broncos coach (pictured with wife Holly at the 2018 Dally M Awards in Sydney) has fallen victim to online rumors
Seibold (pictured at the Broncos training in July) has sought representation with Howden Saggers law firm, which confirmed police involvement
The 45-year-old, who will stay in his Brisbane home for another week after breaking the NRL’s ‘covid bubble’, has since enlisted the help of Howden Saggers Lawyers to fight back against the vile allegations.
Cybersecurity experts are now investigating the origins of the cruel rumors and the identities of those involved.
Seibold said he chose to take legal action and go to the police over the hurtful and defamatory reports because “ social media has gone to a level that is no longer acceptable. ”
He said the game should take a stand after Melbourne Storm fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen also spoke out last week about receiving death threats from disgruntled gamblers.
Online trolls who wanted to spread rumors about NRL coach Anthony Seibold’s personal life could face criminal penalties for defamation
The Broncos are currently in the middle of their worst ever season after falling 36-8 against the Canberra Raider on Saturday in another beating.
The star-studded team that failed to perform during the coronavirus-interrupted 2020 season has only had one win in the past 12 games.
Seibold’s chargers are currently on the penultimate place on the ladder.
But the off-field drama has also plagued the six-time premiership-winning club.
Brisbane legend Allan Langer and two other support staff were fined $ 5000 after violating COVID-19 protocols by attending an event.
Tevita Pangai Jr, second row enforcer, also ended up in hot water after visiting a barbershop owned by an outlaw motorcycle club.
The Broncos are currently in the middle of their worst ever season after losing 36-8 to the Canberra Raider on Saturday in another beating.
The move cost the 24-year-old $ 30,000 and saw him suspended indefinitely.
NRL researchers are also combing through footage allegedly showing up to 10 Broncos players playing slots at Brisbane’s Everton Park Hotel earlier this month.
According to the strict COVID-19 rules of the NRL, players are not allowed to visit pubs and clubs.
With all the suspense of the season on Seibold and growing demands to fire the $ 800,000-a-year coach with three years to go on his deal, he says he’s ‘upset’ that no one from the NRL has called for his well-being .
‘I thought someone could have contacted. Even just a phone call to check in. It’s been damn hard, ”he said.
‘I would hate any other coach or player who went through what I had last week. Will it drive me out of the game? I have to think about that later. ‘
There are more and more calls to fire Seibold with three years to go on his contract