Anthony Joshua returns to the drawing board for his next opponent after falling on his first professional defeat to Andy Ruiz in Madison Square Garden.
His favorite opponents Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury will fight each other in 2020, after the American has confirmed the resit in a promotional video on Friday.
With Luis Ortiz fighting Wilder, Joshua will look forward to reclaiming his title belts, trying to get closer to the club competition.
Anthony Joshua will be looking to bounce back after losing to Andy Ruiz Jr. for the first time.
Andy Ruiz Jr.
A rematch against the newly crowned heavyweight champion of the world seems the most likely.
Joshua will be determined to find his WBA, WBO and IBF belts quickly and Ruiz is coming to the UK for a retake most likely due to a clause in the original combat contract.
The Mexican got little to no hope in New York on Saturday night, but showed his self-confidence with his skills and now has all the cards for what happens next.
Ruiz Jr produced one of the biggest shocks in boxing history and is likely to arrange a resit
AJ recorded an astonishing victory when the two met in 2017, with both hunters hitting the curtain.
The British star eventually stopped the former world champion in the 11th round at Wembley.
Klitschko stopped in August 2017, but recent reports have suggested that he has met DAZN streaming service about a possible comeback.
Aleander Krassyuk, the director of the Kiltschko brothers' promotional company, K2 Promotions, said in January that there was a & # 39; opportunity & # 39; is to see the return of Wladimir. Klitschko is said to be coming out of retirement if DAZN offers £ 76million.
When Wladimir & # 39; s brother Vitali said that DAZN had offered $ 80 million (£ 63 million), Vitali quoted his brother and said: according to the Metro: & # 39; This is not an offer that changes your mind, maybe I'll think about it at $ 100m & # 39;
AJ defeated Wladimir Klitschko in 2017 and saw both hunters on the canvas at Wembley
Joshua was ready to meet Jarrell Miller on June 1 in New York instead of Ruiz, but the American failed three VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) monsters in April.
Miller was suspended by WBA for six months so that he could start a fight with Joshua in October. The Brooklyn-born hunter could even fight earlier because he is not banned from the sport by the WBA.
So he could fight in a non-WBA game if Joshua was willing to take the chance again.
However, Miller was in second place with the WBA for the failed tests, and that played an important role in his award to Joshua.
The British boxer said he would still fight Miller, even though he had drugs in his system, so it could still be a possibility.
The American heavyweight Jarrell Miller tested positive for a human growth hormone in April
The 30-year-old American Michael Hunter wants to fight Joshua and was one of the possible substitutes for Miller.
Hunter crushed Fabio Maldonado in two rounds in Washington last month and feels that he will be entitled to fight against Joshua. Before the fight with the Maldonado took place, Hunter told Sky Sports: & # 39; Once I keep winning and getting better, I will eventually only rise to the top & # 39 ;, Hunter told Sky Sports.
& # 39; To get (a shot at Joshua) the way I would get it, with the & # 39; Big Baby & # 39; situation, I don't think I'll get that chance again.
& # 39; If I do get it, it will be because I have earned it and I have taken it from them. They were close to me because they could not find the right representative.
& # 39; I think I would have been the right representative, but they found someone better suited, Andy Ruiz. & # 39;
Michael Hunter defeated Fabio Maldonado after two laps during their heavyweight fight
Adam Kownacki was also shortlisted to replace Miller, but one of the reasons it was thought that it did not come to fruition was because of Kownacki's management situation.
The Polish boxer is managed by Al Hayman who allegedly did not want his boxer to fight a rival's show.
This meant that Haymon probably wanted a large sum to give Kownacki a chance on the WBA, WBA, IBF and IBO world titles.
Kownacki & manager Keith Connoly said in April: & # 39; Anthony Joshua is a great fighter and a great guy.
& # 39; It's a fight that sometime in the future would be a big fight for fans of New York.
& # 39; The fight is definitely something that can be made on the road, because I have close ties with Al Haymon and Eddie Hearn. The fight will certainly happen. & # 39;
Adam Kownacki was also on the shortlist to replace Miller, but the deal did not materialize
Jamaican, Dillian Whyte, was considered a potential opponent for Joshua in Wembley in April, but the pair could not agree conditions.
Whyte is ready for a tough fight against the intrepid rival Oscar Rivas in The O2 on July 20.
The victory for Whyte would keep the WBC No1 ranked contender in line for a chance at Deontay Wilder.
However, the 31-year-old Whyte wants revenge after he was stopped by the O2 in 2015 by Joshua.
Whyte told Sky Sports that he would approach a potential resit differently: I would support him from the first round.
& # 39; No apologies, but last time I had a different coach. We worked to pull him to the later laps and try to take it over, but I was injured and in poor condition.
& # 39; The next time I fight him, I am fitter, better, bigger, stronger.
& # 39; I watched a video of our last fight and saw how much smaller my legs and shoulders were. I'm taller now.
& # 39; A lot of things he has been doing for 11 years, I just got bored of it. I close the gap. & # 39;
Dillian Whyte is ready for a fight against undefeated contender Oscar Rivas in The O2 on July 20
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) sport (t) boxing (t) Deontay-wilder (t) anthony-joshua (t) tyson-anger