Table of Contents
- Anthony Joshua and Francis Ngannou will clash in Riyadh as both fighters look to assert their dominance in boxing.
- Joshua is looking to claim his fourth consecutive victory as he looks to rebuild his boxing career and reputation following back-to-back losses against Usyk.
- While Ngannou has everything to prove, since he was heavily criticized for stopping being an MMA champion and choosing to enter the boxing ring.
A former boxing champion and an MMA champion face off this weekend in what promises to be a vibrant and entertaining fight. This Friday sees Anthony Joshua against Francis Ngannou.
Anthony Joshua has continued to rebuild his career after losing all of his world titles following consecutive losses against Oleksandr Usyk.
The former world boxing champion is looking for his fourth consecutive victory after his two losses against Usyk. Joshua will face former MMA champion Francis Ngannou.
Ngannou was heavily criticized for walking away from the UFC while he was still champion to step into the ring with undefeated ‘Gypsy King’ Tyson Fury last October.
However, his move into the world of boxing seems to be turning out to be a highly calculated risk that has paid off.
Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou will take place this Friday, March 8.
Joshua has been in great form since losing back-to-back fights against Usyk, he has won three fights in a row and will look to make this fight against Ngannou his fourth.
Although Ngannou lost his debut fight in the boxing ring to Fury, he showed real quality even managing to knock down the undefeated ‘Gypsy King’.
Although Ngannou lost the fight with Fury on points, he managed to make a statement by taking down the undefeated champion.
With the wait almost over, Mail Sport breaks down everything you need to know ahead of this highly anticipated clash.
When is Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou?
The two heavyweights will meet this Friday, March 8 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
An official start time has yet to be released, but based on previous boxing fights in Saudi Arabia, we expect the main fight to begin at 11pm UK time / 2am local time / 6pm ET / 3pm Pacific time .
Which could see the first preliminary fights begin at 4 pm GMT / 11 am ET / 8 am PT.
Joshua vs Ngannou will take place around 11pm UK time, which would make it 2am local time / 6pm ET / 3pm PT
How can you look?
Joshua vs Ngannou will be broadcast live on DAZN worldwide and will also be available on Sky Box Office for UK customers.
The fight will cost fans £19.99 on top of their DAZN or Sky Sports subscriptions.
Joshua vs Ngannou Key Information
Height: 6 feet 6 inches
Record: 27-0-3 (24 KO’s)
Height: 6 feet 4 inches
full fight card
- Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou
- Zhilei Zhang vs Joseph Parker (WBO interim heavyweight title)
- Nick Ball vs Rey Vargas – (WBC featherweight title)
- Israil Madrimov vs Magomed Kurbanov – (WBA super welterweight title)
- Mark Chamberlain vs Gavin Gwynne (European Lightweight Championship)
- Andrii Novytskyi vs Juan Torres
- Justis Huni vs Kevin Lerena
- Ziyad Almaayouf vs Christian Lopes Flores
- Roman Fury against Martin Svarc
- Jack McGann vs. Louis Greene
Zhilei Zhang vs Joseph Parker headline the preliminary fights as the two men will battle in the ring for the WBO interim heavyweight title. WBO interim heavyweight title.
- Anthony Joshua wins – 1/4
- Draw – 16/1
- Francis Ngannou wins – 3/1
All probabilities via sky bet and correct at the time of publication.