Anthony Joshua Confirms Tyson Fury Fight Receives ‘First Official Offer’ To Host Undisputed Showdown

0

Anthony Joshua admits there is’ no place to hide now ‘after confirming’ first official offer ‘to host a mega-unification heavyweight clash against Tyson Fury this summer … with Eddie Hearn adding’ the sporting event of 2021 is CLOSED ‘

  • Anthony Joshua will face Tyson Fury this summer in an all-British classic
  • The two heavyweights would compete for a historic undisputed world title
  • Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn insists a deal for the July fight is now “ imminent. ”
  • Joshua posted an Instagram post, insisting a venue come in with an official offer
  • Saudi Arabia is the favorite to host the fight, but Wembley is not out of the question

Anthony Joshua has unveiled ‘the first official offer’ of a venue to host his highly anticipated unification fight with Tyson Fury this summer, adding that there is ‘now no place to hide’.

The British heavyweights signed a two-fight financial agreement last year and a first fight, scheduled for this summer, is now close, according to Joshua’s promoter and Matchroom supremo Eddie Hearn.

But now AJ himself showed his excitement at things going in the right direction by posting an Instagram saying he had received ‘positive news’ about the mega-unification fight – and a deal on where and when the fight will take place. take place, could be signed in the following week.

Anthony Joshua's first fight against Tyson Fury, scheduled for this summer, would be close now

The pair signed a financial agreement for two fights last year, but details on the first fight can be agreed in the coming week

The pair signed a financial agreement for two fights last year, but details on the first fight can be agreed in the coming week

Anthony Joshua’s first fight against Tyson Fury, scheduled for this summer, would be close now

Joshua posted on his Instagram page that an 'first official offer' had been submitted to host his fight against Fury

Joshua posted on his Instagram page that an 'first official offer' had been submitted to host his fight against Fury

Joshua posted on his Instagram page that an ‘first official offer’ had been submitted to host his fight against Fury

The 31-year-old wrote: ‘Positive news tonight! I’m lacing up my running shoes (now) !!!

@ 258MGT and @Matchroomboxing have received the first OFFICIAL offer to host the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship Of The WORLD!

‘I will overcome if God wills! No place to hide now! I AM COMING.’

Fury, 32, recently teased that there were at least six interested parties organizing the fight, with Saudi Arabia seen as a front runner.

A passionate Fury said this week: “I just had big news, three or four big offers on the table, interest from Saudi Arabia, my Gypsy brothers in Qatar, Uzbekistan, Russia, America and England.

‘A few big offers on the table. I’m going to go through them on Sunday and hopefully we’ll get this big fight.

‘Let me smash this file, big, useless file, let me say. Because if I get it, I’m going to give it to him [raises right fist], you big file. ‘

Eddie Hearn admits Joshua (left) is desperate for a deal so he can start training

Eddie Hearn admits Joshua (left) is desperate for a deal so he can start training

Eddie Hearn admits Joshua (left) is desperate for a deal so he can start training

However, plans for a July date are going ahead and as fan admission is crucial, Wembley Stadium has not yet been ruled out, with the UK roadmap planning to end social restrictions on June 21.

Hearn gave an update this weekend and told Sky Sports: ‘We are very close. (On Sunday) both boys are presented with options for a fight in the summer. Joshua doesn’t talk much about fights, but he talks when it’s close. You feel the excitement increase.

‘We are in a great place with various offers on the table. I have quiet confidence in it. It was nice to see Fury post enthusiastically because he feels we are close.

‘The teams come together. I’ll try to see Bob Arum on Tuesday. We are almost there. We’ve worked really hard and we don’t want to give in.

‘We are in a good place, nice and close. I can’t do more than I do. People know we are on the brink.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan (left) says he will do everything he can to compete at Wembley Stadium

London Mayor Sadiq Khan (left) says he will do everything he can to compete at Wembley Stadium

London Mayor Sadiq Khan (left) says he will do everything he can to compete at Wembley Stadium

Both guys are desperate to get moving. Joshua wants a date for the start of his camp. This is the 2021 sporting event. A happy site will get some good news next week and the whole world will stop to watch this fight. ‘

Speaking of the idea of ​​a Wembley fight, backed by London Mayor Sadiq Khan, Hearn added: ‘It will be presented. Financially it is not at the races. The question is, can we get 100,000 fans on July 24, the possible London date?

‘The answer is’ we hope so’. It is difficult to make a decision based on that. Hence, it takes longer than expected. It’s the logistics, the testing policy, the hustle and bustle.

But now is the time to take this battle. Now. The summer. We may not get this chance anymore. Both guys accept that and are up for the challenge. ‘

Advertisement