‘Anthony Joshua and team are already making apologies’: Deontay Wilder vows to keep British star ‘at his word’ and fight him after Tyson Fury trilogy
- Deontay Wilder Gears Up For His Trilogy Fight With Tyson Fury Later This Year
- The Bronze Bomber takes on the Gypsy King for the WBC title on July 24th
- The winner of the fight is likely to be Briton Anthony Joshua’s next challenge uitdaging
- Wilder claims Joshua apologized for not hiring the American
Deontay Wilder has started talking again about getting a shot at Anthony Joshua if he beat Tyson Fury, as the Watford-born boxer accused of “making excuses” not to take him.
The 35-year-old is gearing up for his trilogy fight with the Gypsy King, who would face Joshua in an all-British unification match that would bring all five heavyweight belts together.
A court last month ruled that Fury will now face Wilder, but should the Bronze Bomber retaliate against the Briton for their February 2020 clash, he will challenge Joshua again after not getting the chance when both fighters killed all five. had belts.
Deontay Wilder (left) claims Anthony Joshua (right) ‘makes excuses’ not to fight him
Wilder (right) is currently targeting revenge on Tyson Fury in their trilogy fight in July
Wilder told Premier Boxing Champions: ‘(Joshua) said ‘It’s not about the man, it’s about the person with the belt’. We’re going to keep them at their word.
“My focus is definitely on Fury, but after that fight? I’m very confident in what I’m going to do.
“I’m confident in what I’m going to do. How the hell are they going to beat a full, healthy Deontay Wilder?
“Once I get through Fury, once I do? You already know what I want. But, as I hear, (Joshua and his team) are already making excuses – mandatory!
Wilder (right) has rekindled the conversation about confronting Joshua if he wins the Fury Challenge
“I want them to keep that same energy because they tried to make the Fury fight.”
Fury forced a seventh-round technical knockout in his Las Vegas showdown with Wilder last year – giving the Bronze Bomber his first-ever defeat of his career.
The American now has 15 months to heal from the Fury fight, but claims he wasn’t in the best shape about 12 months ago.
Wilder admitted he was weaker in the summer and fall of 2020, but now calls himself “violent” and “dangerous” ahead of the trilogy fight with Fury on July 24.
Wilder (right) and Joshua had all five seat belts on at the same time, but never fought
Fury and Wilder’s first fight ended in a controversial draw that ushered in the second fight last year.
With Fury occupied by Wilder, Joshua is now preparing a fight with Ukrainian fighter Oleksandr Usyk. Should both the Briton and Wilder win their summer challenges, they are likely future opponents for 2021.
The American added: ‘My mind is very violent. Their best chance was earlier – July or October (2020). They let me heal.
Right now I am very dangerous. The most dangerous person around is the one who has nothing to lose.’