Ant McPartlin announced on Thursday that he will continue to take a break from all television filing papers until 2019.
Both he and Declan Donnelly have made the joint decision not to present a new series of Saturday Night Takeaway of Ant & Dec in the spring of 2019 and will return in 2020.
Ant will not appear either. I'm a celebrity … Get me out of here! in November of this year, but no more information about the show has been published.
Brave: Ant McPartlin has announced that he will stop ALL television work until 2019 to focus on his recovery … as Declan Donnelly says it's "sad to be without his best friend"
The production and filming of a Saturday Night Takeaway series in February would have already begun, and will continue throughout 2018 and early 2019.
Neither Ant & Dec nor ITV wanted to compromise the quality of the show and, therefore, they considered it best to rest the series next year.
Instead, they will bring the show back in 2020, bigger and better than ever.
They will miss him: Ant, 42, is not going to present I'm a celebrity … Get me out of here! in November of this year
Ant said in a statement to MailOnline: "My recovery is going very well and for that to continue to have spoken with Dec and ITV, I have made the decision to take the rest of the year off."
He continued: "I would like to thank both Dec and ITV for their continued support and I look forward to working again in the new year."
Dec added: "Although I am obviously sad at the thought of not having my best friend in Australia this year, I am proud of the work that Ant has been doing in private and I totally agree with his decision.
"I hope we both meet on the screen in 2019."
Kevin Lygo, Television Director of the ITV, said: "ITV is totally in favor of Ant taking all the time he needs in his recovery and this mutual decision to rest Takeaway in 2019.
"Ant is clearly progressing, we wish him all the best, and we hope he will return to ITV next year." An announcement about the plans of I & # 39; a Celebrity will be made in due time.
Ant announced his separation from his wife, makeup artist Lisa Armstrong in January, and has found romance with his former PA and friend Anne-Marie Corbett.
Sorry: last year, Ant confirmed his battle with addiction to alcohol and drugs and was found guilty of driving while intoxicated (Ant photo outside the Court of Magistrates of Wimbledon)
Lisa continues to wear her wedding ring and has largely kept a dignified silence after separation.
Concerned presenter Ant first sought rehabilitation treatment in June 2017 after becoming addicted to prescription drugs and alcohol after failed knee surgery in 2015.
He entered rehab for the second time in March after being involved in a three-car collision at Richmond and was found to be over the limit behind the wheel.
Ant pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated in April and received a record fine of £ 86,000, as well as a 20-month driving ban.
Hard time: Ant has been battling personal problems, including the end of his marriage to his 11-year-old wife, Lisa Armstrong (pictured in 2007)