Disgraced social media influencer Andrew Tate is reportedly facing the possibility of being sued by three British women who alleged he sexually assaulted them.
The legal team piece together the allegations, which will become clear once they have the funds to bring a civil suit against Tate to the Supreme Court.
The women, now in their late 20s and early 30s, reportedly allege that 36-year-old Tate sexually assaulted them between 2013 and 2016, while the self-described misogynist ran an online sex business in Luton, Bedfordshire.
An investigation by British police into complaints from two women at the time resulted in no charges against Tate, who repeatedly denied wrongdoing.
The British women seeking to bring the claim against Tate say they suffered personal injury and psychiatric harm after allegedly violent sexual and physical assaults in the UK.
Police officers escort Andrew Tate, handcuffed to his brother Tristan, outside the Directorate for the Investigation of Organized Crime and Terrorism (DIICOT), where prosecutors examine electronic equipment seized during the investigation of their case, in Bucharest, Romania, on January 26
Tate was born in America but grew up in the English town of Luton, before making a TV debut in 2016 on the reality TV show Big Brother (Tate pictured in the show)
Former kickboxer Tate was photographed this week arriving for questioning in Romania after being released last month.
Tate was seen Monday with his brother Tristan outside the offices of the Directorate for the Investigation of Organized Crime and Terrorism (DIICOT) in Bucharest, forensically examining electronic equipment seized during investigations.
He and his sibling were placed under house arrest in Romania on March 29 after being arrested last year. They had been detained since December 29 on suspicion of human trafficking, rape and forming an organized crime group to exploit women.
Tate was born in America but grew up in the English town of Luton before making a TV debut in 2016 on the reality TV show Big Brother.
It took police four years to pass evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service, which said in a review there was ‘no realistic prospect of conviction’.
Through his lawyer, Tate said the women “wanted money because I fired them,” The times reports.
He added: “After the investigation, the police understood that I am innocent and the police found messages from the girls’ phones in which they were talking to each other … about me.”
The women said on the CrowdJustice fundraising page: ‘We intend to take action to encourage a criminal investigation in the UK and bring a civil suit against Tate for compensation to rebuild our lives.
“With this we hope to empower other victims of his abuse. We want to show them that we, as survivors, can stand up to him and that all his despicable actions have consequences. Our aim is to reveal his true face in a British court and prevent other women from becoming his victim, and to free impressionable young boys from his poisonous grip.”
Tate and his brother Tristan and alleged accomplices Georgiana Naghel and Luana Radu will remain under house arrest until April 29 after winning an appeal to be released from prison.
None of the four have yet been formally charged in Romania and are still under investigation.
The defendants had unsuccessfully appealed their detention several times over the past four months, but they won an appeal on March 31 to be transferred from police custody to house arrest.
Self-declared misogynist and former kickboxer Andrew Tate arrives for questioning in Romania after being released from custody last month
Tate has maintained his innocence since his release from prison.
During the influencer’s appearance at the DIICOT offices on Monday, a spokesperson for the Tate brothers told MailOnline that the interview was a routine part of the investigation.
“Andrew and Tristan Tate visited DIICOT earlier today as a routine visit to assist authorities with the investigation,” the spokesperson said.
“No charges have yet been filed against the brothers and they are extremely focused on refuting these trumped up allegations.”
Prosecutors have already searched several devices since their arrest.
As the Tates left the DIICOT offices on Monday, they were met by a throng of media outlets and a handful of supporters shouting “Top-G, Top-G!” scanned. – one of the nicknames used by fans.
When asked how he feels, Tristan Tate told reporters, “I’m always okay. I was okay in prison, now I’m okay.”
Mr Vidineac told the Associated Press prosecutors seized “a lot of equipment” in the case and they are “still looking for the information even now”.
“Because they are under arrest, even home detention, the searches (are) mandatory in their presence,” he said.
“The prosecutor is doing his job, we respect the task of the prosecutor, of the authorities, we let them do the investigation… and we wait for the results.”
Since his release from police detention, Andrew Tate’s Twitter followers have risen by at least 500,000.
The influencer’s appearance on Monday came after he posted a bizarre post on Twitter, telling Elon Musk – the platform’s owner – to “escape” the Matrix.
Responding to an image shared by the billionaire from the 1999 movie in which Musk alluded to the pettiness of arguing with strangers on the platform, Tate responded to the world’s second-richest man by writing, “You need to escape.”
Tate often refers to a conspiracy involving the concept of “The Matrix” as a global conspiracy attempting to control the world. He describes himself as someone who will help people break free from this ‘control’.
There is no evidence that such a conspiracy exists.
Tate was previously banned from the social media site Twitter, but reinstated by Musk after the billionaire bought it late last year.
In January, he said he was allowed to contact fans via email for the first time from prison.
He wrote that he was left in a cell with no light, with cockroaches and bedbugs his “only friends at night.”