Aldi reminds parents of ‘active product recall’ for Jack ‘N’ Jill wooden block sets
Aldi reminds parents of ‘active product recall’ for dangerous children’s toys pulled from shelves more than a YEAR ago
- Children’s toys sold at Aldi are classified by consumer watchdog as a choking hazard
- Jack ‘N’ Jill wooden block sets were originally drawn over a year ago
- German supermarket reminds parents that recall is still active
Thousands of children are still using a dangerous toy that was pulled from Aldi shelves more than a year ago after some parents returned it.
The supermarket fears that children are at risk of suffocation during the Christmas holidays after ‘small numbers’ of the product are returned for refund.
Jack ‘N’ Jill wooden block sets sold in German supermarkets from June 10 to September 9, 2020, were found to pose a choking hazard by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
The watchdog ruled that ‘consumers should immediately stop using the products’, but many still seem to be doing so.
Jack ‘N’ Jill wooden block sets (pictured) sold in German supermarkets from June 10 to September 9 were found to pose a choking hazard by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
“If the small magnets become detached from the blocks, they pose a risk of suffocation, suffocation or death for young children,” the warning read.
Parents could return the products for a full refund, but 14 months on Aldi said very few turned up.
“Aldi takes product safety seriously and due to the low return rate we would like to remind customers of an active recall of the Jack ‘N’ Jill – Wooden Block Sets (Farm, Jungle & Ocean),” the supermarket said on its Facebook page.
“If you haven’t already, customers should stop using it immediately and return the product to the nearest Aldi store for a full refund.
‘We apologize for any inconvenience.’
ALDI warns dangerous children’s toys taken off shelves more than a year ago may still pose a risk to children over Christmas break after ‘small numbers’ of product are returned for refund
Some parents who didn’t see the original notice said they wouldn’t even bother to recoup the approximately $20 selling cost and instead just throw the product away.
“OMG just threw mine in the trash. I’m so glad I saw this and the 18 month old baby loves them,” one mother wrote.
Another said, ‘Thank you. We have two bathtubs that I have to send back.”