Mom sparks heated debate among household cleaners with her shower grout transformation with a $2 budget purchase
- An Australian mum raved about a ‘miracle’ ALDI bathroom cleaner online
- However, other moms criticized the product for causing side effects.
- Some call it ‘gold’ but others say it causes nosebleeds, sore throats and chest pains.
- People have advised using the product with precautions like face masks and fans.
A mother has sparked a heated debate after revealing the inexpensive Aldi product she used to restore grout in her dirty shower, without scrubbing.
The Australian woman, Leah, posted on Facebook, where she said she used the “wonder worker” Power Force Mold Away, $2.59, from Aldi.
But while many said they couldn’t wait to buy the item, not everyone agreed with it, with some describing the cleaning agent as “toxic” and “too powerful.”
A mum has sparked a heated debate after revealing the inexpensive Aldi product she used to restore grout in her dirty shower, without scrubbing (the product pictured)
The woman uploaded her post raving about the product to a popular Facebook group. aldi moms.
‘Yes, I have literally left it in this state. Do not judge me. I really hate cleaning showers so I’ll leave it until I hate myself,” she said.
‘So many products that everyone swears by would include me scrubbing it off. Whether it’s vinegar with baking soda, cleaning with KOH, and all that stuff recommended.
She continued: ‘But dammit, this Aldi Mold Away spray – you just spray, let it sit for 30 minutes, no scrubbing and rinsing. I have white showers now!
‘This really isn’t advertising. This is my happy life!
It wasn’t long before the product sparked heated debate.
While some moms said they loved the product, describing it as ‘gold’ and ‘cheap as chips’, others said they wouldn’t trust it.
One cleaner wrote: ‘Just saw this post but wanted to add a warning to it.
‘I used this last week and have hurt my throat from the fumes.
It’s burned my throat and it doesn’t feel good at all. I sprayed it on and left it on then went back to wash it off and that’s when the fumes hit my throat.
One mom posted her transformation in the shower after using the product. She removed the yellow spots (left) and left it bright white (right)
He added: “So be careful and take precautions when using it, it works well but is extremely powerful.”
The woman explained that she kept the fan on and the windows and door open and still experienced the reaction.
Many moms were quick to share their similar experience with the product.
“Do not mix with any other product,” warned one mother.
‘I use BAM for my glass and this for my tiles, they mixed in the base and it was deadly. He hurt my chest for days.
Daily Mail Australia has contacted Aldi for comment.
Less Toxic Cleaning Alternatives
* Ajax Spray n’ Wipe -> Dishwasher Morning Fresh mixed with water
* Windex -> Dishwasher Morning Fresh mixed with water
* Easy Off Soap Scum spray -> Bar Keepers Friend
* White King Two-in-One Mold and Soap Scum Spray -> Selleys Rapid Mold Killer
One of the products the 22-year-old businesswoman said she would not use is Ajax spray and wipe. Instead, the cleaner would trade it in for a homemade solution of dishwashing liquid and water in a spray bottle.
(Font: Spot On Cleaning Sydney)
One mom said she has negative reactions but can’t find a better product.
I love these things, but I swear my nose is bleeding from the fumes. I have to leave the window open and the fan on… but it works like nothing else.’
However, others cautioned that these reactions are common and preventable if proper precautions are taken.
Many recommended that if you do use it, turn on the exhaust fan, open the windows, and leave it for a few hours to ‘work its magic’ before going back and removing it.
“I use this almost every day, I am a house cleaner and have never had a problem,” one person wrote.