Aldi launches ultra-affordable Christmas seafood range with lobster rolls for as little as $5 and tiger prawns for $25
- Aldi Australia has launched a super-cheap range of frozen seafood for 2022
- Customers can make big savings and stock up on fish before the holiday season
- The retailer is bringing back cult favorites like lobster tails and new products
- The ultra-cheap seafood line ranges in price from $4.99 to $34.99
Aldi is preparing to release its long-awaited Christmas seafood range with plenty of lobster and salmon on the menu from $5.
The German supermarket has announced a eight items seafood selection including lobster tails, tiger prawns, scallops and a side of salmon from 26 October.
Prices range from $5 to $34.99, and the frozen feasts can be stocked up now to save money and beat the holiday season fresh fish rush.
Aldi is to drop an ultra-cheap frozen Christmas seafood range on October 26. Pictured is $24.99 Wild Caught Australian Cooked Tiger Prawns $34.99 Wild Caught Lobsters
The lineup includes cult favorites such as the Tuscan-style herb-crusted salmon side for $19.99 (left). The products are perfect for Christmas parties, the smoked salmon and cream cheese canapés ($4.99) (right) only take 17 minutes in the oven
The range includes cult favorites such as lobster tails at $34.99, Australian tiger prawns at $24.99, scallops with maple flavored bacon at $12.99, smoked salmon and cream cheese canapés at $4.99.
There will be scallops with herbs de provence butter for $13.99, salmon sides with Tuscan-style herb crust for $19.99 and salmon wellington with cheese and dill sauce for $12.99
All new $4.99 lobster canapés will also be released.
The committee came at the right time as Aldi research suggests three quarters of Australians expect their spending to increase significantly in the eight weeks leading up to Christmas, with the average cost increase expected to be 75 per cent.
44 percent of customers believe that Christmas is the most important time to shop smart.
Aldi’s Christmas seafood range
* Ocean Royale Lobster Canapes 8pk/240g $4.99
* Ocean Royale canapés with smoked salmon and cream cheese 8 pcs./240 g $4.99
* Ocean Royale Extra Large Scallops with Maple Flavored Bacon 6pc/270g $12.99
* Royale Frozen Scallops with Herbs de Provence Butter 8pk/215g $13.99
* Ocean Royale Atlantic Salmon Side with Tuscan Style Herb Crust 700g $19.99
* Ocean Royale Salmon Wellington with Cheese and Dill Sauce 700g $12.99
* Ocean Royale Frozen Australian Tiger Prawns Extra Large 1kg – Wild Caught in Australia $24.99
* Ocean Royale Lobster Tails with Garlic Butter Glaze 2pk/380g $34.99
Aldi stocks two varieties of scallops, Scallops with Maple Flavored Bacon ($12.99) and Scallops with Herbs de Provence Butter ($13.99)
The $24.99 wild-caught Australian cooked tiger prawns (left) are perfect served as is or in a salad. The $34.99 wild-caught lobsters are seasoned with butter, garlic, lemon juice, parsley and salt, and the shell can be reused for a bisque
“Our fantastic range of seafood starts at just $4.99 with each product being easy to prepare, making it perfect for those looking to effortlessly delight family and friends,” said ALDI Australia Shopping Expert Kylie Warnke.
“Our Christmas seafood range has everything from traditional favorites such as Australian tiger prawns and salmon sides to decadent lobster tails.
‘This year we have also expanded our seasonal seafood to include new products such as Australian prawns and lobster canapés which we are sure our customers will love. There’s a seafood option to suit every budget in this range and we’re confident that each product will have guests impressed and asking for seconds or even thirds.’
The products are part of Ocean Royale’s range. Salmon Wellington with cheese and dill sauce is a filling and easy meal and costs only $12.99