Alabama, father of two, 52, dies after being bitten by a copper snake while walking his puppy

Alabama, father of the two, 52, dies after being bitten by a copper snake while walking his puppy outside his home on the lake

  • Oliver & # 39; Chum & # 39; Baker, 52, of Tuscaloosa is survived by his wife and two sons
  • The family withdrew for their vacation weekend at Smith Lake
  • Baker took the Labrador puppy out for a walk on Friday
  • When he was on the terrace, he told his family that he was bitten by a copper hose
  • Baker then fell unconscious and was flown to the hospital in Huntsville
  • Family says he had a serious allergic reaction to the snake's poison and died

A man from Alabama died Monday three days after being bitten by a copper snake at his family's house near a lake.

Oliver & # 39; Chum & # 39; Baker, 52, was declared dead Monday in a hospital in Huntsville.

He is survived by his wife, Marilou Briney Baker, and their two sons – Charlie and Walden.

Baker, a resident of Tuscaloosa, and his family were according to their home on the lake on Smith Lake for the holiday weekend AL.com.

He went to his puppy in Labrador on Friday. When he was on the terrace, he told his family that he was bitten by a copper head.

Oliver & # 39; Chum & # 39; Baker, 52, was declared dead Monday in a hospital in Huntsville

Baker, a resident of Tuscaloosa, and his family were at their lakeside home on Smith Lake for the vacation weekend

Baker, a resident of Tuscaloosa, and his family were at their lakeside home on Smith Lake for the vacation weekend

Oliver & # 39; Chum & # 39; Baker, 52, was declared dead Monday in a hospital in Huntsville. Baker, a resident of Tuscaloosa, and his family were at their lakeside home on Smith Lake for the vacation weekend

The hose was still curled up in front of the back door of the house.

A few minutes later, Baker fell unconscious. A relative CPR at the time until the first responders arrived.

Baker was taken to a nearby school. From there he was flown to Huntsville.

His family said Baker had a serious allergic reaction to the snake venom, leading to anaphylactic shock and cardiac arrest.

He went to his puppy in Labrador on Friday

He went to his puppy in Labrador on Friday

When he was on the terrace, he told his family that he was bitten by a copper hose

When he was on the terrace, he told his family that he was bitten by a copper hose

He went to his puppy in Labrador on Friday. When he was on the terrace, he told his family that he was bitten by a copper hose

Copperhead snakes are poisonous snakes and can be dangerous. They are available in light brown or light brown tones and have hourglass-shaped crossbands. The photo above is a stock photo

Copperhead snakes are poisonous snakes and can be dangerous. They are available in light brown or light brown tones and have hourglass-shaped crossbands. The photo above is a stock photo

Copperhead snakes are poisonous snakes and can be dangerous. They are available in light brown or light brown tones and have hourglass-shaped crossbands. The photo above is a stock photo

& # 39; It was a whole series of events & # 39 ;, & # 39; said his brother Reb Baker, 45 years old.

& # 39; His organs simply could not recover. & # 39;

Reb said his brother was loved because he & # 39; never met a stranger & # 39 ;.

& # 39; He would do his utmost to help everyone & # 39 ;, he said.

& # 39; He never wanted to receive accolades. Everyone loved him. It's just incredible. & # 39;

A GoFundMe Crowdfunding campaign has been launched to help his family bear the financial burden of losing Baker.

Copperhead snakes are poisonous snakes and can be dangerous. They are available in light brown or light brown tones and have hourglass-shaped crossbands.

The copperhead is located in the eastern United States, which extends from Connecticut to Texas.

A copper bite can be very painful, but is usually not fatal.

. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail