Excitement has turned to anxiety and worry for Serious Veteran (SV), who is unhappy with the outcome of the film she recently shot and is demanding a re-release.
After all, this is SV’s latest collaboration with long-time Onscreen Partner (OP). SV hasn’t been visible since the pandemic lockdowns, so this would have been the perfect vehicle for her re-entry into show biz, as well as a way for her to introduce herself to a younger audience.
Those close to SV blame the producers’ decision to hire a young, relatively inexperienced director to do the job. Could this be because SV and OP demanded such high fees that the producer could no longer afford the services of a more seasoned or experienced production group? Here’s an even more relevant question: will they manage to save the film?
TOP OF THE TABLOIDS
The show biz news of the week in the tabloids (and why we are moved, if we are moved):
• Bea Alonzo nagmukha raw alalay sa birthday ni Kyline Alcantara: ‘Naawa kasi ako kaya kinuha ko na ‘yung cake’ (Let Bea eat cake, quickly!)
• Marco Gumabao always talked about frontal nudity, never frontal nudity with Cristine Reyes: “Yes, no! Que magagalit na! Hindi, damn it! » (So, dati pala pwede?)
• Kiko Matos ‘nagdiwang’ on social accounts natsuging ni Rendon Labador: Panalo ang Pilipinas ngayon! But it’s not his ‘yo! (That’s what we call “motivational!)
• Rendon Labador naka-lock na ang X account, Instagram page nanganganib na rin (When it rains, it rains.)
• Hirit ni Vice Ganda matapos tawaging bastos at abusado ni Juan Ponce Enrile: “Sa mga lolong hindi ako masyadong like, I still love you po” (How to combat hatred with love.)
• Angelica Panganiban can kiss her malaking aubergine mataba from Australia: “I’m delighted with talagang makatuluyan, Australian! (It’s funny and very light if Angge, right?)
• Aiko Melendez started talking about her actress with my-attitude with the initials JP (Is this based on personal experience or just a mother’s instinct kicking in?)
• Francine Diaz neck-squeezes the label of “relationship” between Nila and Seth: “Huwag po nating madaliin, hayaan po nating ang tadhana ang gumawa” (Tadhana is still not in the mood to put a label on the “relationship” proximity” of FranSeth.)
• Jillian Ward spoke about magpaligaw and magkadyowa; doing a collaboration with the Vice Ganda project (Now that the Vice show is on GTV, is it safe to say it’s a different project?)
• Ben&Ben sa mga fans: ‘Salamat sa pagkapit kahit na may mga pagsubok… ang dami naming natututunan sa inyo’ (It’s always a double meaning thing.)
• Julia Montes shares Alden Richards’ secrets: “Alam ko na po kung bakit n’yo siya iniidolo, talaga namang deserving” (So, Bakit nga?)
To subscribe to APPLICANT MORE to access The Philippine Daily Inquirer and over 70 other titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to news, download as early as 4 a.m. and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For comments, complaints or inquiries, Contact us.