Shock as ABC News Breakfast host suddenly announces he’s ‘taking a break’ from TV after cracking down on his own network for its handling during Stan Grant’s ordeal
ABC News Breakfast host Michael Rowland has announced he is “taking a break from today’s show” a day after criticizing the broadcaster for Stan Grant’s failure.
Rowland made the announcement at the end of the breakfast show on Twitter on Wednesday, saying, “Take care and see you soon.”
Rowland earlier this week urged the public service broadcaster to be faster and more effective in denouncing racism following Grant’s departure from Q+A.
Grant announced he was taking an indefinite hiatus from hosting Q+A after being bombarded with “racial smut” on social media.
Rowland said, “It’s not just been weeks and months, it’s been years for Stan to cope with this. Racism is a plague.
“We all need to do better and so does the ABC to call it out and call it out faster than in this country,” he said.
Rowland’s announcement prompted an ABC reporter to respond, “Hope you’re doing well.”