A Woolworths employee and an employee of a popular pizza restaurant are diagnosed with coronavirus in NSW
A Woolworths store and a popular New South Wales pizza restaurant have been forced to close temporarily after being hit by coronavirus cases.
Mancini’s Original Woodfired Pizza in Belfield, southwest Sydney, closes three days to be cleaned after an infected man eats at the restaurant on Friday.
NSW Health is now investigating the potential new cluster that could form and has contacted customers who were on site the same day.
A Woolworths store in Bowral in the NSW Southern Highlands, 110 km southwest of Sydney, was also forced to close for cleaning after an employee was found positive for COVID-19.
The store said the employee worked on Sunday, but showed no symptoms while working.
All customers who have shopped in the store that day are urged to contact NSW Health if they feel unwell.
The new cases come as fear grows of a new wave seeping from Victoria to NSW fight another outbreak. The state now has 1,800 active coronavirus cases.
NSW Health is investigating a potential new cluster after a coronavirus-positive man spent an hour at Mancini’s Original Woodfired Pizza in Belfield, southwest Sydney on Friday
A Woolworths store in Bowral in the NSW Southern Highlands, 110 km southwest of Sydney, has been forced to close for cleaning work after an employee was found positive for COVID-19
NSW stepped up testing after an outbreak at the Crossroads Hotel in Casula (photo: a nurse conducting COVID-19 tests on people in their cars)
Last week, it was revealed that a new cluster was forming in a Sydney pub after a 30-year-old woman and man in his 50s contracted COVID-19 after visiting the Crossroads Hotel in Casula.
The affairs related to the hotel reached 30 on Tuesday evening.
However, NSW Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian said she had no plans to re-imprison Sydney despite worrying cluster development.
“Until we have a cure, we have to live with it. We can’t close every time we have a cluster of cases, “Ms Berejiklian told A Current Affair.
“We cannot stop, reopen, close and reopen. That is not a good way for us to manage the pandemic, because it creates chaos for people.
“It creates chaos for companies that employ people and we lose confidence in the future.”
But Ms Berejiklian announced a tightening of the restrictions in response to the Casula outbreak with a 300-person limit in pubs and hotels – and group bookings for up to 10 people.
It is mandatory for pubs and hotels to download and register the safe COVID-19 plan and include the contact details of all customers.
Pictured: The Sydney sites feared to be at the center of COVID-19 outbreaks
Locations with a capacity of more than 250 people will need to have a full-time marshal on site to enforce the COVID-19 safety guidelines.
The changes do not apply to clubs, restaurants or The Star casino and will take effect from 12:01 am on Friday.
Ms Berejiklian said it is “unrealistic” to assume that there would be no COVID-19 cases in the state.
“I think during the pandemic we have to accept that we will always have fallen. We will always have outbreaks, ”Mrs. Berejiklian acknowledged.
‘I never want to end up in a situation where we have to close NSW again. We have done that, we have done well, we have come together and now we must continue to work together.
Crossroads Hotel in Casula, southwest of the city, was forced to close after two partygoers tested positive for the corona virus
Pictured: The Crossroads Hotel in Casula, southwest Sydney
“Take the health advice, get tested, stay at home … keep everyone safe.”
Although Ms Berejiklian made it clear that she has no intention of closing NSW for the second time, she warned that everyone should make ‘sacrifices’.
“I haven’t hugged my parents in months. That’s a decision I made because I’m extra careful, ”she said.
“We must all make sacrifices, we must all take measures to protect the wider community
“But we also have to accept that children should be educated, people should go to work … we cannot be locked up forever and there could be no community.”
Medical workers give coronavirus tests in Bondi in Sydney on Tuesday (photo), fearing Melbourne outbreak could spread to NSW
Victoria is currently dealing with a second wave of coronavirus cases by shutting down certain areas in Melbourne and Mitchell Shire
Meanwhile, South Australia will postpone the opening of the border with NSW, which was set for July 20.
In Victoria, Prime Minister Daniel Andrews said on Tuesday that it was too early to decide on further restrictions, with the metropolis of Melbourne and Mitchell Shire only locked into a six-week lockdown for one week.
He also confirmed that Victoria’s last returned foreign travelers would end hotel quarantine on Thursday.
International flights will be diverted from Melbourne indefinitely, meaning the state’s failed hotel quarantine program will be suspended.
Latest facts and figures about the coronavirus
* A man and woman in their 80s died from the coronavirus in Victoria, increasing the state tax to 26 and the fatalities in Australia to 110.
* Victoria registered 270 new cases on Tuesday, with a total of more than 10,000 nationwide cases, with 21 people resuscitated in intensive care.
* NSW has 13 new cases and WA one, a 10-year-old boy quarantined.
* Pubs in NSW have regular customers with a maximum of 300 and must record each guest’s contact details with 30 cases now associated with a location in South West Sydney. Meanwhile, residents of Liverpool and Campbelltown cannot enter Queensland.
* South Australia has canceled the planned reopening of the July 20 border with NSW and the ACT.
* Immediate tests are required for all Victorians as soon as they land in WA, with NSW travelers possibly following.
* Queensland will increase strict virus laws this week with a six-month prison sentence.
* Australia had only 25,800 arrivals overseas in June, half of whom were repeat residents, according to preliminary ABS figures.
* The Australian Nursing Federation has pushed for AFL matches to take place this week at Optus Stadium in Perth, arguing that the 30,000-strong audience risks a WA outbreak.
* The Giants are ready to decamp NSW when the AFL says go, with player Nick Shipley already moving from his west Sydney home to teammate Shane Mumford’s home.
* AFL clubs may face the prospect of six games over a five-week period in an effort to weather the season affected by the corona virus.
* The A league is still playing its 2019-20 season in NSW despite the latest outbreak, but has prepared a ‘Plan B’ option to move clubs to Queensland.
* July 15 – NT to decide if it will ease border restrictions with NSW.
* July 17 – International arrivals in WA must pay their 14-day hotel quarantine.
* July 17 – NT reopens its borders with quarantine for people from virus hotpots.
* July 18 – Returning travelers to SA and NSW to pay a portion of their hotel quarantine bill.
* July 31 – The earliest date for Tasmania to open its borders to the mainland after postponement of the move, previously scheduled for July 24
* August 1 – Provisional date for WA to lift any remaining restrictions except border closures and access to remote Aboriginal communities.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* The total number of cases in Australia is now 10,251 with 2,308 active cases and 7,835 recovered people
* The national death toll from Tuesday is 110: NSW 49, Victoria 26, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW are included in the official toll of both states)
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: minimum 12,910,357
* Deaths: at least 569,128
* Recovered: at least 7,116,957
Data current as of 1800 AEST July 14, taking into account updates from the federal government and state / territory and Worldometer.