A woman is reunited with the heroic stranger who saved her life when he rescued her after she fell off the tracks on the London Underground.
Tegan Badham, who hails from Cwmbran in South Wales, was in the British capital for the Wireless Festival on Sunday 10 July 2022, when she tripped over the rails at King’s Cross St Pancras and was electrocuted.
The 22-year-old had burns to her back in the accident and was certain she was going to die as she struggled to get up as the next train approached.
But she is saved thanks to a kindly onlooker, Anthony Smith, who lifts her off the tracks in seconds as the train rolls onto the platform.
Beautician Tegan and Australian Anthony, Now living in north London, he was first reunited in emotional scenes in the BBC series Reunion Hotel, which airs on Thursday 6th April at 8pm on BBC Two, BBC One Wales and iPlayer.
Beautician Tegan Badham and Australian Anthony Smith (pictured with presenter Alex Jones) are reunited for the first time in emotional scenes in the BBC series Reunion Hotel, which airs on Thursday 6 April at 8pm on BBC Two, BBC One Wheels and iPlayer
“I was desperate to find him then but before the meeting, I was so nervous.” I knew whatever I said would never be enough to thank him for what he’d done for me,” Tegan admits on the show, according to woman.
Tegan and her family made an online plea to try and track down her savior, and after BBC producers helped, the couple were introduced to each other by TV presenter Alex Jones at the Iquid Park Hotel in North Wales.
“I can’t go through my days without thanking him for doing such a heroic thing,” Teagan says. BBC. “If it wasn’t there… I would have died.”
However, Anthony told Tegan on the show: “I wouldn’t call myself a hero. I saw you there and thought “someone in a hole, get the person out of the hole or the train is coming”.
Tegan recalls the moment she suffered her burns, saying, ‘It was the strangest, most terrifying sensation… I was caught in the stream. Then I heard people shouting that a train was coming.
“I looked down the tunnel and saw the reflection of the train lights and then turned around to see a man on the platform with his hand outstretched.”
After Tegan was pulled from the rails by the hotel developer, 31, she was helped by security and station staff before paramedics took her to St Thomas’ Hospital in London for treatment for her electrical burns.
Anthony – who was having a night out with his friends – leaves it with the professionals and boards his train.
Tegan Badham, who hails from Cwmbran in South Wales, was in the British capital for the Wireless Festival on Sunday 10 July 2022 when she tripped over the rails at King’s Cross St Pancras and was electrocuted.
But he admits: “I regret leaving because it doesn’t make sense from a first aid standpoint or from a human standpoint – you should stay with someone who has just had an accident like that.”
Talking to sun Earlier, upon finding her bizarre hero, Tegan said: ‘I just have to find him, he saved my life. I was so shocked he thanked him and he was on the train that came to the station.
“I was so lucky that he bravely extended his hand to me, without him I would die now.”
Teegan said the accident happened around 6 p.m. She said she was heading to the Victoria Line from Kings Cross to travel to Finsbury Park where the festival is taking place.
She said, “I just tripped.” Wells Online. “I can’t even tell you how or what happened, I can’t even remember getting into the track, I just remember coming up and saying ‘Oh my God, I’m on the track, what am I going to do?'” “”
When Tegan tried to recover, she had burns on several different parts of her body.
The 22-year-old suffered burns to her back in the accident and was sure she would die as she struggled to get up as the next train approached.
She added, “The worst of it was in my legs and my back.” Fortunately, this guy just caught me. If he didn’t catch me, I honestly wouldn’t be here.
My eyes were flashing before my life. When I came out, I kept my eyes closed because I was afraid. I just sat on the floor and kept quiet because I had no idea what was going on.
She claimed that the thick rubber-soled shoes she was wearing may have helped save her from worse burns, and the accident had given her a new outlook on life.
“I’m moving around really well now,” she said, “obviously the first week my back was killing, but now I can move my hands and put my clothes on myself.” “I think I have a new outlook on life now, I’m just enjoying myself.”
A TfL spokesperson said at the time: ‘We are sorry to hear that a customer at King’s Cross St Pancras station has sustained minor injuries after falling on the track of the Victoria Line and would like to thank those who helped her.
“We wish her a full and speedy recovery and want to reassure clients that their safety is paramount to TfL.”