A naked man in Florida has awakened the eyes of the first responders to start a house fire while getting drunk and baking cookies on George Foreman's grill.
Firefighters responded last month to reports of smoke coming from the house in Niceville, Florida, and were greeted by a naked man when they arrived at 5:30 p.m.
"I'm sorry," the man said, before quickly returning inside the house and closing the door, according to the Northwest Florida Daily News.
The police officers came to help, and they got the man to open the door. This time, he left it open and wandered into the house.
A George Foreman grill is seen in a file image. A naked man in Florida risked his own life when he set fire to the cookies on the grill and covered the fire with towels, which also caught fire
The man seemed oblivious to the smoke that filled the house with multiple lit objects, including several towels that were on fire, police said.
The police detained him and took him out of the house while the firemen were dealing with the fire before it spread.
The man explained that he had started drinking around 9 in the morning, consuming approximately two liters of vodka and smoking marijuana as well.
Feeling freckled, he decided to bake cookies on his George Foreman grill. But he left the cookies unattended and caught fire.
The man further explained that he had tried to put out the fire by covering it with dry towels, which then also caught fire.
Firefighters said that if he had stayed in the house for much longer, he could have died from smoke inhalation.
The man was examined at the scene but refused additional treatment. There were no reports of criminal charges in the incident.
It is possible to use aluminum foil to bake cookies on the George Foreman grills, and some newer models come with baking sheets for that purpose.
But as with conventional ovens, leaving unattended objects involves the risk of fire.