Girl, 10, chokes on a carrot at a school in Massachusetts while her family demands answers about the tragedy
- Primary school student choked on carrot and died a few days later
- The girl's uncle said she & # 39; a kind of emergency & # 39; had
- A Go Fund me page has been created to help with the girl's funeral
- The chief inspector of Worcester Public Schools has not returned any messages
- Mayor Joesph Petty said the family & # 39; is looking for closure & # 39;
- Several teachers visited the girl in the hospital as a community rally behind family
Marilyn Ofobi Korankyewaa, 10, died after choking on a carrot at her school in Worcester, Massachusetts
A fifth grade died after being stitched to a carrot at school.
As stated on a Go Fund Me page to pay for the girl's funeral: & # 39; The day would end with Marilyn on life support at UMass Medical Center. A few days later she passed. & # 39;
Marilyn Ofobi Korankyewaa, 10, who attended the Belmont Community School in Worcester, Massachusetts, died in a nearby hospital on September 17.
The girl's uncle said she was dealing with some sort of emergency. She coughed, & Ken 39 told Asafo-Adjei WCVB. & # 39; She ran to the bathroom. Luckily she went in there with a friend, so that friend had to run towards them when Marilyn complained that she was choking on something. & # 39;
School staff found Marilyn, started first aid and called 9-1-1.
A 10 year old died after choking on a carrot in her primary school
The cousin of a girl who died after choking on a carrot at her school in Massachusetts
The Go Fund Me page has netted more than $ 8,000 of their $ 15,000.
The girl's family told WCVB that Worcester has shown support since the tragedy, including Mayor Joseph Petty. Several teachers visited her at the hospital.
& # 39; When you went to the toilet, there was nobody. We don't know what happened. I don't say this to the guilty party, but if the school has a system, that's good, a procedure, & John 39 Amoah, a local pastor and family friend, told WCVB.
Although this appears to be a tragic accident, the family is hopeful that they will end with what the results of the autopsy reveal.
Fifth grade Marilyn Ofobi Korankyewaa died after choking on a carrot during a meal at her school in Worcester, Massachusetts
A 10 year old died after choking on a carrot at this school in Worcester, Massachusetts
DailyMail.com has left messages at Worcester Public Schools Superintendent Maureen Binienda.
& # 39; They are looking for closure, & # 39; Petty said WHDH. & # 39; I think they want to know what exactly happened – a timeline. We will do that. & # 39;
But for now, the girl's family cannot make peace with what happened.
& # 39; I still ask questions such as, how can anyone die by eating carrots? & # 39 ;, Marilyn's cousin, Maggie Bota, told WHDH.
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail