Advertisements
A blissful boat trip almost turned into a tragedy when deadly carbon monoxide gas began to fill the barrel, causing passengers to lose consciousness

& # 39; We would all have been dead & # 39 ;: how a captain's decision saved the lives of his four close friends after they all fell unconscious on a boat

  • A boat trip almost turned into a tragedy when carbon monoxide gas filled the barrel
  • Passengers lost consciousness as they went on the boat to Perth & # 39; s Fremantle
  • The captain made the life-saving decision to open a window and flush out the gas
Advertisements

A blissful boat trip almost turned into a tragedy when deadly carbon monoxide gas began to fill the barrel, causing passengers to lose consciousness.

A group of five people on the motorboat on their way to Fremantle from the Royal Perth Yacht Club on Friday, when the passengers suddenly stopped responding.

Andrew Dunn, who had steered the boat, was shocked to see the group on the upper deck.

A blissful boat trip almost turned into a tragedy when deadly carbon monoxide gas began to fill the barrel, causing passengers to lose consciousness

Advertisements

A blissful boat trip almost turned into a tragedy when deadly carbon monoxide gas began to fill the barrel, causing passengers to lose consciousness

Andrew Dunn and his wife Nancy (photo) went with friends to Perth & # 39; s Frementle on a motorboat when passengers lost consciousness

Andrew Dunn and his wife Nancy (photo) went with friends to Perth & # 39; s Frementle on a motorboat when passengers lost consciousness

Andrew Dunn and his wife Nancy (photo) went with friends to Perth & # 39; s Frementle on a motorboat when passengers lost consciousness

& # 39; They were all unconscious & # 39 ;, he revealed in a message to Facebook.

Mr. Dunn feared that the group, including his wife Nancy, had enriched their drinks, Yahoo reported.

He then made the life-saving decision to open a window in the neighborhood, which made the group regain consciousness.

& # 39; Had I not stood from my seat from time to time and looked through the only open window to get a breath of fresh air, I would have succumbed and we would all have been dead & # 39 ;, he said.

The group went straight to Fiona Stanley Hospital where they were placed in a hyperbaric chamber to wash away the carbon monoxide (photo)
Advertisements

The group went straight to Fiona Stanley Hospital where they were placed in a hyperbaric chamber to wash away the carbon monoxide (photo)

The group went straight to Fiona Stanley Hospital where they were placed in a hyperbaric chamber to wash away the carbon monoxide (photo)

A passenger Kara Nguyen, however, still suffered from the gas.

She was unable to see and began to vibrate uncontrollably, read the post.

The group went directly to Fiona Stanley Hospital, where they were placed in a hyperbaric chamber to wash away the carbon monoxide.

Advertisements

They will have to wait six months before they are cleared of long-term damage.

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) Perth