& # 39; Purse robber & # 39 ;, 42, jumps to his death from the Brooklyn Bridge after being cornered by the police
- A 42-year-old man jumped to death on a slope in the Brooklyn Bridge on Saturday
- The police responded to reports about a stolen handbag in Dumbo, Brooklyn at 9 p.m.
- The suspect left in a Honda agreement, crossed the Brooklyn Bridge, followed by the police, and hit a police car near the FDR ramp.
- He then went to the driveway to Pearl Street, left the car and jumped over the side of a bridge bridge in an attempt to evade the police.
- He was rushed to Bellevue Medical Center and died of his wounds
- His name has not yet been released to the public
A robbery suspect died after being cornered by the police and jumped down a ramp in Brooklyn Bridge and landed on the ground below.
The police responded to reports of a stolen handbag in the Dumbo neighborhood of Brooklyn around 9 p.m. and the suspect, a 42-year-old man, left in a Honda Accord car.
He drove over the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan and was chased by the police.
The alleged thief fell to the ground near Pearl Street and was rushed to Bellevue Medical Center in critical condition and died of his wounds, police say. Police officers brought a stretcher on the spot
Police swarmed over the scene that cut off traffic to Manhattan on the Brooklyn Bridge to catch the suspect
The police responded to reports of a stolen handbag in the Dumbo neighborhood of Brooklyn around 9 p.m. and the suspect, a 42-year-old man, left in a Honda Accord car
He crossed the Manhattan bridge and jumped from a bridge onto the bridge and fell on Pearl Street near Manhattan
He tried to leave the bridge via the driveway to FDR Drive, but was blocked by a police car and rammed into the police vehicle, vice versa, after which he walked down another driveway to Pearl Street at 9.45 pm New York Post.
Once there, he was blocked by another police car, causing the suspect to jump out of his vehicle and jump down the street.
The incident occurred after the police responded to reports about a stock market rose in Dumbo (above)
He fell to the ground near Pearl Street and was rushed to Bellevue Medical Center in critical condition and died of his wounds, police say.
The incident caused the traffic on the Brooklyn Bridge to be stopped for more than an hour because several police cars were roaming around.
The man is not identified.
A woman was found in the stolen car, but is not a suspect in the incident. The police did not explain how she got involved, according to the New York Daily News.
Video footage taken by passerby and posted on the Citizen App shows the police flock that reported to the scene to prevent the man from leaving the bridge.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news