A woman’s eye was left infected and burning after a botched eyelash extension.
When 24-year-old Dyreante Notto signed up for a beauty treatment, she had no idea that the luxury treatment would take a terrible turn.
Instead of having long, lush lashes, the Texas fashionista was left with an infected eye that doubled in size and leaked pus.
Sharing the before and after clips on TikTok, viewers were horrified with the video viewed over a million times.
When Dyreante Notto, 24, booked herself an appointment for eyelash extensions, she had no idea the luxury gift would take a horrific turn.
“I realized things weren’t right almost hours into the appointment because my eyes wouldn’t stop burning,” Dyreante, who is a student, told NeedToKnow.co.uk.
At first his eyes began to swell.
Dyreante opted not to go to the salon for help because her eye had already been “messed up”, so she didn’t want to make things worse.
She started removing her lashes with oil and the right ones immediately fell out.
However, when it came to his left side, he was unsuccessful. He tried to cut them, but couldn’t.
After being unsuccessful in removing her lashes, Dyreante decided to endure the burning and swelling, hoping it would go down because she had an important exam.
But her symptoms only got worse, and the student eventually ended up rushing to the hospital.
As she prepared for her exam, she ‘told herself’ she could do it, but she ‘could hardly see’.
Dyreante Notto, 24, lives in Houston, Texas, and said his eye kept ‘burning’ and his ‘vision was completely blurry’
After being unsuccessful in removing her lashes, Dyreante decided to suffer through the burning and swelling, hoping it would go down as she had an important exam.
A large bandage was placed over the eye to try to prevent it from constantly leaking.
As soon as her examination was over, her sister took her to the hospital. Her eyes were in tremendous pain and her ‘vision was completely blurred’.
First she went to the emergency room, but upon seeing her situation, the medical staff sent her directly to the hospital.
“My eye was infected and started leaking pus and fluid, so while I was in the hospital, they put me on an IV and monitored me,” he recalled.
“They gave me medication to stop the swelling, the infection and the pain.”
On TikTok, Dyreante shares a photo of her lashes right after she got them done on May 24.
He then jumps to various videos of his eyes continuing to swell as time goes by.
Dyreante then showed photos and videos of herself at the hospital receiving treatment for the infection.
The video has more than 198 thousand likes and thousands of comments from impacted users.
“My eye was infected and started leaking pus and fluid, so while I was in the hospital, they put me on an IV and monitored me,” he said.
One person said: ‘New fear unlocked’.
Someone else wrote: ‘This is why I’m sticking with the strips because there’s no way.’
‘Why do they stick out like that? I would have had to take them off as soon as I looked in the mirror,” added another.
One TikTok user said: “They all make me want to stop using tabs in general.”
One person commented: ‘This is so scary… I’m glad you’re getting better.’
Another added: ‘Coming from a lash tech, I hope you got a refund or something. I’m so sorry this happened to you.
Someone else wrote: “That would be my first and last day using tabs.”
She advises: “Do your research on the lash technician, do your research on the products to be used, and do your research on your eyes.”
Dyreante hasn’t had her lashes done since then and is now urging others to do their research before getting lash treatments.
She says: ‘The swelling in my left eye took almost a week to go down.
‘I haven’t had lash extensions since then and it’s been about a month now.
Now I only wear false eyelashes. I would tell people who want to get eyelash extensions to do their research!
“Do your research on the lash technician, do your research on the products to be used, and do your research on your eyes.”