Tom Cruise is reportedly forced to self-isolate for two weeks after 14 people on the British set of Mission: Impossible 7 tested positive for coronavirus.
The 58-year-old actor is said to have filmed a day with four dancers shooting scenes in a nightclub for the upcoming movie, which later tested positive.
The new episode was filmed at Longcross Studios in Chertsey, Surrey – production has now been halted and the 60-strong team is now in self-isolation, according to The sun.
Delays: Tom Cruise is reportedly forced to self-isolate for two weeks after 14 crew members on the set of Mission: Impossible 7 tested positive for coronavirus (pictured on set in April)
Ten crew members have since also tested positive and it is clear that the actor has been in isolation since Tuesday.
A source told the publication: ‘Tom is absolutely furious at what has happened, especially given his rant to his staff last year.
“It will affect the filming heavily and they will catch up when they finally come back.
Fourteen crew members have Covid – most are close associates of Tom. The entire shooting crew, about 60 people, had to go into self-isolation for 14 days.’
Pandemic: The 58-year-old actor reportedly spent a day filming with four female dancers while shooting scenes in a nightclub for the upcoming movie, which later tested positive
The crew was filming in Yorkshire earlier this year, but has more recently shot scenes in the suburbs of London.
MailOnline has reached out to representatives of Paramount and Tom for comment.
Mission: Impossible 7 movies have been hit by several setbacks and delays during the Covid pandemic, with location shooting in Italy, the UK and Norway.
And in December, it was reported that five crew members had quit after Tom launched into two tirades.
Oh my gosh: UK filming has now stopped and the 60-strong team is now in self-isolation, according to The Sun
The actor is said to have stripped staff after he caught them violating Britain’s Covid rules at the Warner Bros. Studios in Leavesden, Hertfordshire.
A source claimed that after news of the initial eruption was made public, there was “more anger” over the already “tense” production.
An insider said: ‘The tension has been building for months and this was the last straw. Since it went public, there has been more anger and several staff members have gone out on foot.
“But Tom just can’t take it anymore after all the effort they’ve gone through to keep filming. He’s angry that others don’t take it as seriously as he does.’
They added that Tom feels responsible for the production after putting so much time and money into taking precautions so the team can film.
It was previously reported that the Hollywood star berated employees who disobeyed social distancing rules while filming at the Warner Bros. studio.
MailOnline contacted Tom’s representatives at the time for further comment.
Tom later spoke of his outburst in an interview with: rich magazine, which reads: ‘I said what I said. There was a lot at stake then. But it wasn’t my entire crew. I had the crew leave the set and they were just select people.’
‘And here we are, we continue filming. I also do Zoom parties and children’s parties, you know!’ he joked.
It comes after Tom reportedly had to call security last month to deal with violators who broke into the massive Mission: Impossible 7 set in Yorkshire.
The film was shot in the village of Stoney Middleton in Derbyshire, with the film using Darlton Quarry for some stunt scenes.
Tough: Ten crew members have also reportedly tested positive since then and it’s clear that the actor has had to isolate himself since Tuesday
Fixed: The new episode was filmed at Longcross Studios in Chertsey, Surrey, after multi-location production in Europe
A source told The sun that, because the area was so large, it was difficult to seal it off and prevent daredevils from attempting to climb the production equipment.
They explained: “So intruders have gone in and tried to climb the rigs and equipment set up for the stunts.
“Last week the police were called for one incident and then Tom had to step in when it happened again.
“Maybe there should be extra security… Besides being a security nightmare, Tom and the team don’t want any delays in filming.”
The second incident cited by the source reportedly involved two intruders “clambering” all over the set, but security was on site to get them out.
MailOnline contacted Tom Cruise’s representative at the time for further comment.
In March, we saw the cast and crew of Mission: Impossible 7 prepare an action scene with a moving train, but it was nearly derailed by angry locals.
Tom was spotted in an epic battle atop a moving train with the sequel’s villain, played by Esai Morales, while filming in North Yorkshire.
For the scene, the team reportedly built a track that stops above the old quarry, with the train reportedly going off the rails and falling 160 feet into a water tank, while Cruise’s Ethan Hunt and the unnamed villain atop the locomotive. fight .
However, The sun reported that the production team received complaints from a local couple who claimed the shoot would “disrupt the tranquility” of the area.
The film application was appealed by a retired couple, Elizabeth Longbottom, 80, a former health visitor, and her husband Robin, 76, a retired surveyor.
“This is an area of beauty and tranquility – and it will be shattered when Mr. Cruise and his team show up. He means nothing to me, it’s been 46 years since my husband and I went to the cinema,” said Elizabeth.
Robin added: “I assume the film company is paying handsomely for the privilege of disrupting everyone’s lives.”
The couple’s objection also added that they felt the scene “could be done more economically and with less inconvenience by being digitally generated.”
On location: It comes after Tom reportedly had to call security last month to stop intruders breaking into the massive Mission: Impossible 7 set (pictured) in Yorkshire
It was also reported in February that plans to shoot down MI7 in the Middle East had been called off after production staff ‘demanded’ to return to the UK before the mandatory 10-day hotel quarantine rules are enforced.
The sun reported that studio executives were forced to hire a private jet to ensure staff could return home.
A source told the publication: “The whole production has yet another problem and there are revolts among the cast and crew.
“Morale is really down and a lot of the younger employees who don’t make the big bucks feel it’s not worth it anymore.”
Crew first started shooting scenes in February 2020, a few weeks prior to the first global lockdown, and production has been delayed several times due to the pandemic.
Mission: Impossible 7 is currently scheduled for release on May 27, 2022, and Mission: Impossible 8 is expected to follow on July 7, 2023.
Pushed back: It was also reported in February that plans to shoot down MI7 in the Middle East had been abandoned after production staff ‘demands’ to return to the UK