& # 39; Swishing & # 39; in a woman's ear was a poisonous SPIDER, doctors discover
- Susie Torres thought she had water in her ear when they swiped & # 39; heard
- It lingered and she went to the doctor for help
- A medical assistant found a brown recluse spider in her ear
- Brown recluses are from just four species of North American spiders with poison that is dangerous to humans – although only one or two have recently died
- The spider was removed and Torres escaped without biting
A woman from Missouri was shocked when she discovered that the & # 39; swaying & # 39; The sound in her ear was the eight legs of a poisonous brown recluse spider.
Susie Torres thought she had gotten water in her left ear, and when it didn't seem to come, she went to the doctor for help.
A doctor's assistant glanced into Torre's ear and asked for backup.
& # 39; She said, "I think you got an insect in there," while she went to get other health workers, Torres said WIS10.
Fortunately, the doctors managed to pull the spider out of Torre's ear without making it worse to bite her – and only then did they let Torres know what was really crawling in her ear.
Doctors in Missouri pulled a poisonous brown recluse spider (photo) from Susie Torres's ear before the poisonous arachnid could bite her
Even when the first medical assistant ran out of the room and talked about an insect, Torres did not panic because I did not know what exactly it contained.
What was in it was not an insect, but an arachnid.
The brown hermit spider that was in Torres' ear is one of only three species of spiders in North America whose bites are considerably toxic to humans.
The brown recluse – or fiddleback, brown violin spider or violin spider – measures between 0.6 and 2 cm and carries a necrotic toxin in its bite.
In other words, the chemicals in the saliva can cause meat to die.
If not noticed and not treated, the bites can cause a systemic disease that can cause fever, chills, nausea, joint pain, weakness and, in rare cases, epileptic seizures or even coma.
Some studies suggest that as many as 37 percent of people who are bitten by recluse spiders develop skin necrosis, but only 14 percent develop bite-related disease.
Brown hermit spiders are common in parts of the South and Midwest – including Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama and parts of Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska.
Torres said she could stay calm – but only because doctors didn't tell her what kind of & # 39; insect & # 39; they thought she had it in her ear until they got it out
It is not exactly clear how many people are bitten by hermits every year.
A Florida Poison Control Centers study found that 844 recluse bites were reported in six years.
But in the past decade, only one or two people have died as a result of brown recluse bites.
It is not, however, an insect that you would like to nap in your ear.
& # 39; Just why? True? What and how? & # 39; Torres wondered aloud.
& # 39; Never thought they would crawl into your ear or part of your body & she said.
It is indeed a rare event, but Torres does not take any risks by leaving another spider in her ears.
& # 39; I went to put some cotton on my ears last night because I had no earplugs & # 39 ;, she said.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) health