A mother with a "broken heart" has warned about the horrendous consequences of sleeping with babies after the death of her six-week-old son.
Rowan Leach accidentally fell asleep while feeding her "beautiful baby" Hadley, only to discover that she was unconscious and face down by her side when she woke up.
The Court of Coroner of Winchester heard that Hadley was not breathing when her mother woke up around 8 am on September 10 of last year.
Rowan Leach fell asleep accidentally while feeding Hadley (pictured), only to discover she was unconscious when she woke up
Ms. Leach, 20, immediately called 999 and began CPR before the paramedics arrived and rushed to take her six-week-old baby to the hospital.
However, despite his best efforts, Hadley could not be revived and was pronounced dead a short time later.
Mrs. Leach said that the death of her son (in the photo) had left her "deeply disconsolate"
Mrs. Leach, who was raising Hadley with the help of her mother, had taken him to his bed from his cot at 3 o'clock in the morning to feed him when he got dizzy and fell asleep.
Hadley had been face up on his mother's pillow when they were feeding him, but they found him lying on his forehead when he awoke.
Coroner Grahame Short could not establish exactly how Hadley, of Southampton, Hants died, but said he did not criticize Mrs. Leach as a mother.
Detective Sergeant Matt Parker, who was tasked with investigating the death, but found there were no suspicious circumstances.
And pathologist Dr. Sam Holden told the research that he could not find a definitive cause of death.
Dr. Holden added that he could not tell if Hadley was on his back when he stopped breathing, or if he had already rolled on his forehead.
In recording an open verdict, coroner Grahame Short said: "I have great sympathy for a mother who cares for a baby in these circumstances, particularly when they do not have a partner to help."
Addressing Ms. Leach, she added: "I think there is no criticism of you as a mother."
Mrs. Leach, who was raising Hadley with the help of her mother, had taken him to her bed from her crib at 3 o'clock in the morning to feed her when she got dizzy and fell asleep.
After the investigation, the duel Leach said: "Although there was no conclusive evidence to suggest sharing the bed affected by this tragic event, I hope that more can be done in the future to raise awareness about the risks of sharing the bed to avoid more parents who suffer like me
"The loss of my precious son Hadley has left me deeply disconsolate." I hoped that this investigation would provide me with some answers about his tragic death.
"Unfortunately, no conclusion could be reached, however, we do know that it was not accidental and could not have been avoided.
"My baby's life was short but beautiful, all he knew was love, we miss and love him more than I can explain."
An average of 133 babies have died every year for the past five years in cases where sleeping together is a factor, according to the Department of Education.
He revealed that a total of 141 children died while sleeping together in 2017.
The coroner Grahame Short could not establish exactly how Hadley (in the image: the young man's funeral) had died, but said he did not criticize the mother as a mother.