& # 039; Disgusting & # 039; the smoker burns the newborn baby carelessly pulling the butt in his stroller

Derek and Amy Harnaman, photographed with their daughter Sophia, are outraged that a smoker threw a butt in the baby's stroller that requires an urgent urgency to go to the hospital.

A newborn baby was burned by a butt thrown carelessly in his stroller by a smoker.

Sophia Harnaman, who is only five weeks old, suffered severe blisters after she was hurt by the butt that was thrown in her stroller when she was pushed past a bus stop in Edinburgh.

His mother, Amy Harnaman, 22, had just picked up her eldest daughter Eilidh from school along with her sister Chloe Martin. Mrs. Martin also had her own three-year-old son Cayden with her.

Derek and Amy Harnaman, photographed with their daughter Sophia, are outraged that a smoker threw a butt in the baby's stroller that requires an urgent urgency to go to the hospital.

Derek and Amy Harnaman, photographed with their daughter Sophia, are outraged that a smoker threw a butt in the baby's stroller that requires an urgent urgency to go to the hospital.

Five-month-old Sophia Harnaman, pictured, suffered a serious blister when a smoker threw the butt of her cigarette in her stroller while her mother, Amy, pushed her down the street.

The cigarette butt destroyed the baby's baby and burned it through his mattress

Amy Harnaman, 23, grabbed Sophia screaming, took off her steaming coat and ran home to soak the wound with cold water before rushing her to the hospital.

The family has been hoping the five-week-old baby will not have a lasting scar and warned smokers to be more careful after Tuesday's accident in Wester Hailes, Edinburgh.

Mrs. Harnaman, of Edinburgh, said: "I took her out of the car, I took her out of the bathing suit and I checked her arm.

"A blister started, so I took her to the floor and put her under the cold water, she is still restless and still feels a little pain.

"I just think that people should be more aware of their environment and get rid of cigarettes properly."

The daycare worker and her daughter were returning from picking up Sophia's sister, Eilidh, five years old, from Clovenstone Elementary around 3 p.m.

Amy's sister, Chloe Louise Martin, was also with them when they smelled smoke when they passed a bus stop on Clovenstone Road.

Fortunately, baby Sophia, pictured, is recovering from her ordeal at her home in Edinburgh

Fortunately, baby Sophia, pictured, is recovering from her ordeal at her home in Edinburgh

Fortunately, baby Sophia, pictured, is recovering from her ordeal at her home in Edinburgh

Mrs. Martin, a sales assistant, said: "My sister found a cigarette in the stroller.

"It burned directly through the snow suit, fortunately, it did not reach the skin.

& # 39; Everything happened very fast.

"My sister picked her up and took her out of the suit, so Sophia started crying because the blister started and I think it was when it hurt her the most".

They rushed to take Sophia home to dip the cold water on her arm before taking her to the doctors in Sighthill and then to the Sick Children.

The doctors treated and fixed the blister, about the size of a penny, and will reassess Sophia tomorrow.

Mrs. Martin added: "You heard things like this but you never think it's going to happen to you"

A Facebook post that warns smokers to be more careful has been shared more than 2,000 times and has attracted widespread support.

Mrs. Martin explained: "We only want to increase the knowledge so that smokers can have a little more care with the place where they put their butts so that things like these do not happen.

& # 39; Eilidh can not understand how something like this could happen. She really did not want to go to school or leave her sister.

The family has no idea who the cigarette is and they are convinced that it was an unfortunate accident.

She added: "There were some people there and a bus that was coming to the bus stop, so we thought they just threw the queer and got on the bus.

"I think it's one of the last things you think about, but that's why there's a trash can with an ashtray on top.

"We do not seek to blame anyone." We just want to emphasize that it was an accident and that people are more careful and attentive. "

Sophia's aunt, Chloe Martin, wrote about the incident on Facebook in an effort to ask smokers to be careful in the future when they get rid of their cigarette butts.

Sophia's aunt, Chloe Martin, wrote about the incident on Facebook in an effort to ask smokers to be careful in the future when they get rid of their cigarette butts.

Sophia's aunt, Chloe Martin, wrote about the incident on Facebook in an effort to ask smokers to be careful in the future when they get rid of their cigarette butts.

.